Grantwriting tips

I found this article with some tips on grant writing. A few thoughts from the article seemed worthy of sharing:

"You might be a good writer, but if you can't attract the attention of the person who is making the award decision, then your words will be useless," said Bellew. "You really have to be able to paint a picture and create a story around your school's needs, and in a way that matches what the awarding organization wants to accomplish."
And:
"I spend hours poring over the grants that are available out there, and finding ways to match them up to the districts' needs," said Bellew, "and figuring out how to make the money stretch across multiple initiatives."
I like this:
Bellew makes up a grant calendar that she uses to track available grants, record grant submissions and document both successes and failures.
I have not been great at tracking things in my life. I do OK, but I get the impression that those who are able to keep track of things with accurate, usable records are able to be more successful in general. Maybe the record keeping aids the needed process of learning from the past as it pertains to planning for the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literature review

Open letter to Mom and Dad

The funnel of the introduction