A quick simile on implicit learning

I shared this in an e-mail to a couple of my classmates in an e-mail discussion we had. I thought I'd share:

I imagine that implicit learning is often unexamined learning. It is probably a result of underdeveloped metacognition (if I am using that term correctly -- if I am not, correction is certainly welcome). Dogma, ideology, and talk radio appeal to the self-interested and, therefore, defy self-criticism and perhaps, as a result, such ideas land like a hairnet on top of tousled, unkempt ideas and keep them in place.

Is that implicit learning, where there is no critical reflection on the material, where it just seems to make sense, so let's roll with it -- like a flat earth or seasons caused by an elliptical orbit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Literature review

Open letter to Mom and Dad

The funnel of the introduction